Sunday, October 13, 2013

Readathon - Final Post

Well...we made it!
Not that we all were awake for 24 hours - pretty sure we all got a solid 6 hours of sleep :)
I managed to finish enough books to make me happy about it :)
The Readathon "challenges" were OK - if they took about 5 minutes to do I enjoyed them. Some of them seemed like they would take much longer to do and didn't really interest me - if I'm reading for 24 hours then I want to read!!

Here is my end of readathon survey:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? The most daunting hours for me were within the first 6 - mostly because I was so tired after a week of being sick. 
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I really enjoyed "Not a Drop to Drink" - teen fiction is definitely a good readathon choice because it's easy to read and, for me, a quick read.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? - I really don't get the whole community thing - aside from a few tweets I didn't really feel connected to the contest. I guess something to improve that - otherwise I might as well just pick my own day to read for 34 hours. Also - it's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and not the most ideal time for the event here.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? - Personally, just hanging out with my friends here reading together - it was fun to catch up and chill for 24 hours :)
  5. How many books did you read? - I read 3 1/2 books
  6. What were the names of the books you read? - the last half of Orange is the New Black, Behind the Bell, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry & Not a Drop to Drink
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? - I think I enjoyed the last 2 the most - Fiction is always my favourite, even though I branch out now to non-fiction more than enough
  8. Which did you enjoy least? - Behind the Bell - it was just kind of silly, not the drama-filled expose I hoped for
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? - N/A
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? -  I can see my friends and I doing a readathon again, but not sure about the official one - we'll see! 
Thanks for following along here (if you did)! 
Thank you to Janey Canuck & kidAmy for the fun times, multitude of treats and lots of laughs :)


1 comment:

  1. I loved The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and I can't even say why, I just really did enjoy it. I didn't feel as connected this time as previous outings. It seemed my twitter feed was not as active with readathon tweets. I also felt torn between giving up reading time to to to blogs/do challenges and actually reading. Now I am catching up on visiting blogs.

    ReplyDelete